Plan Management Navigator
Navigator provides analytics for health plan administration. It comments and observes on the management of health plan expenses under the direct control of the management team.
Much of the content is derived from our surveys of numerous health plans participating in the Sherlock Benchmarks.
Topics addressed include the cost of administration in each functional area, drivers of administrative costs such as product mix and operational metrics, economics of scale and other important topics.
This email publication is distributed episodically and is available for free. Sign up here.
Most recent Navigator:
- April 2018: Scale, Growth and Cost Management Strategy
- Late January 2018: Best-in-Class Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans
- Mid - January 2018: Best-in-Class Independent / Provider - Sponsored Plans
- January 2018: Economies of Scale in Health Insurance
- December 2017: CVS - Aetna: Comment on Vertical Integration
- November 2017: Apparent Economies of Scale: Short Term Membership Changes and Health Plan Administrative Costs
- October 2017: Medicaid Administrative Cost Trends: Core Expenses Rebound from Last Year, Increasing by 1.4%
- Late September 2017: Medicare Advantage Plan Administrative Cost Trends: First Overall PMPM Cost Growth Since 2013
- Early September 2017: Benchmarks for Accountable Care Organizations: Observations of the Trial Stage
- Mid-August 2017: Sherlock Benchmarks "Test Drive"
- Early August 2017: Sherlock Benchmark Administrative Cost Values of Larger Health Plans - 2016 Metrics
- July 2017: Independent / Provider - Sponsored Plans: Optimizing Costs in an Uncertain Environment
- Late June 2017: Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans: Optimizing Costs in an Uncertain Environment
- Early June 2017: Market Segment Costs of Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans
- May 2017: How Do Medicare Advantage Plans Benefit From Expenses For Medical Management?
- Early May 2017: Medicaid and the Individual Market
- Late March 2017: Right-sizing For Change
- March 2017: Resolving the Paradox of Scale Among Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans
- February 2017: IPS Plans - Best in Class
- January 2017: BCBS Plans - Best in Class